Ever wanted to travel by train? Well now might be the perfect time…
Because from March 15 to 21, 2022, Amtrak is having a flash sale that allows customers to bring a companion for free when booking a Roomette.
Though train travel is more common in Europe, Roomettes are probably the closest you’ll get here in the U.S. to that overnight train trip of your dreams.
Giving you your own private room to enjoy while you travel, Amtrak’s Roomettes include:
- Big picture window for seeing the views
- Complimentary meals onboard
- Newly upgraded fresh towels and linens
- Access to a restroom and shower
- Dedicated attendant for turndown service, organizing meals, helping with luggage (and train stories!)
- Priority boarding
- Complimentary lounge access at major stations
The deal is available for a limited amount of train routes (some across the country like LA to Seattle), but we’ve condensed the ones that pass through NYC here:
- Cardinal (New York – Washington – Charlottesville – Cincinnati – Indianapolis – Chicago)
- Lake Shore Limited (New York/Boston – Albany – Chicago)
- Silver Star (New York – Washington, DC – Charleston – Savannah – Jacksonville – Orlando – Tampa / Miami)
- Crescent (New York – Atlanta – New Orleans)
Costs range from $193-432 for fare for two, depending on where you decide to go.
The deal applies to trips taken between March 16 and May 22, and you must book at least one day in advance. The paying adult and free companion must travel in the same room and reserve in the same reservation.
Take advantage by using code C450 on the Amtrak app, or just go directly to Amtrak.com/privateroomsale!