Winter in NYC is simply magical. It has always been one of the most craved-for destinations around the world and winter season makes it even more captivating. We have hand-picked some special reasons why the Big Apple is the most mesmerizing place to be during the winter months!
1. Ice Skating at its Finest at Rockefeller Center’s Ice Rink
Check out the world famous rink at the Rockerfeller center and stop by for a hot cocoa or coffee from the stores and cafés nearby
2. Free Admission for Ice Skating at Winter Village, Bryant Park through January
3. Experience the Coney Island Polar Bear Club’s Annual New Year’s Day Swim
Be astounded by these fearless people who willingly plunge into the freezing Atlantic Ocean every Sunday, November to April.
4. New Year Cultural Festival and Firecracker Ceremony
Chinatown is obviously the place to be for Chinese new year, daytime fireworks and fun are to be had at this iconic NYC festival.
When: January 28, 2017
5. Attending the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show
Meet the most talented canines as they compete for best in show, whether you are a dog lover or not, you will be totally entertained by the show!
5. Annual Rockefeller Center Christmas tree lighting ceremony
This world-wide symbol of holiday season and it just so happens to be in the NYC. Even if you’re not going to be there for the lighting ceremony, chances are you’ll gaze at it in wonder before the end of the season.
6. Radio City Christmas Spectacular
7. New Year’s Eve in NYC Time Square
8. Bars with Fireplaces
Art Bar, Brandy Library and Black Mountain Wine House are some of NYC’s most ideal places to warm up and cuddle while sipping Martini.
9. Holiday Shops at Bryant Park’s Winter Village
From jewelry to decorative goods, there is something for everyone. Their custom designed kiosks are just breathtaking as well!
Featured image source [flickr|Anthony Quintano]