We don’t know about you, but we’re a little halloweened-out. We love dressing up and hitting the town as much as the next person, but NYC has a lot more to offer than the typical costume-party shenanigans. Here are eight things-to-do in the city that range from cool bars, to awesome restaurants and cultural outings. Enjoy:
- West End Hall – 2756 Broadway, 10025
- Entry – Everyday, 64oz Beer Growler + Food from 11:00 am to 12:00 am
- Price: $39
Get your food and drink on at the Upper West Side’s best Beer Hall. Enjoy an ice cold 64oz Beer Growler and any two items off of West End’s unique Burger or Appetizer menu. This rustic yet modern beer hall is complete with state-of-the-art hidden LED TV’s. West End Hall is what we call Beer Hall Heaven, so get there now!
- The Duplex – 61 Christopher Street, Manhattan, 10014
- Entry – October 29 & 30 – 11:00 pm
- Price: $15
Guilty Pleasures is filled with sultry charm and feminine energy that brings out the classic side of the cabaret experience, making for an extravaganza in which “Great Gatsby meets Mad Men meets Beyoncé.”
- Zoma – 2084 Frederick Douglass Boulevard, New York, 10026
- Entry – Monday – Thursday & Sunday, Meal + drink from 5:00 pm to 10:00 pm
- Price – $42
Zoma is an Ethiopian restaurant established in 2005 in the heart of trendy lower Harlem’s booming restaurant district. The meat and vegetarian combinations are delicious and spiced to perfection. Fresh ingredients, low and slow cooking (braising) and balanced flavoring make Zoma a must visit spot for you and your foodie friends.
- Drunk Shakespeare – 300 W 43rd St, 10036
- Performance – Monday to Saturday from 7:30 pm until 9:30 pm
- Price – $29
The premise is simple; after five shots of whiskey, each actor transforms a Shakespeare play into a raucous, revolutionary, and jaw dropping-performance full of linguistic agility and expert storytelling. Shakespeare on the rocks anyone?
- The Parkside Lounge – 317 E. Houston Street, Manhattan, 10002
- Entry – Monday & Tuesday from 7:00 pm until 11:00 pm
- Price – $5
Poets and storytellers take the stage at the Parkside Lounge for this very special spoken word open mic night. Founded and produced by journalist Mike Geffner, expect to see Grammy and Golden Globe Award winners, Emmy nominees, American Idol finalists, and more.
- The Graffiti & Street Art Walking Tour – 30 Wyckoff Avenue, 11237
- Tour – Thursday & Sunday from 3:00 pm until 4:30 pm
- Price – $15
As we all know in NYC, not all great works of art hang on museum walls. This street art walking tour includes some of Brooklyn’s most imaginative graffiti and street art. The tour will describe techniques and the varying nuances between the varied and disparate works that have appeared in Brooklyn, the new capital of the worlds street art movement.
- The Regal NYC – 163 Hope Street, Brooklyn, 11211
- Entry – Thursday 9:00 pm until 12:00 am
- Price – $17
Come to the Regal in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, and uncork a unique night of music. Bring a vinyl record and the friendly staff will play it and give you a free cocktail while you listen..pretty sweet! The Regal, with its signature relaxed yet modern twist on the diner-cocktail bar, this is one of Brooklyn’s best kept secrets.
- Fatty Fish Restaurant – 406 E 64th Street, Manhattan, 10065
- Entry – Saturday and Sunday, Brunch + Unlimited Mimosas from 11:00 am until 3:00 pm
- Price – $25
Fatty Fish is a highly rated Michelin recommended Asian-Inspired American restaurant located in Manhattan’s Upper East Side known for its innovative cuisine. If you’re going to head out for only one dinner, make sure it’s here. Whether it’s the high cuisine brunch, or the unlimited mimosas, this is the perfect recipe for good-times.
Featured image source [jongerentravel]