The summer may be winding down, but the party in NYC continues. As event organizers and venues start preparing their fall line-up, it can be frustrating to pick out the events and things-to-do that are REALLY worth going to. Don’t worry, we’re here to help. Here are our top 6 suggestions for events in NYC that you must check out this week:
- Drunk Shakespeare – 300 W 43rd St, 10036
- Performance – Monday to Saturday from 10:00 pm until 12:00 am
- Price – $29
The premise is simple; after five shots of whiskey, each actor transforms a Shakespeare play into a raucous, revolutionary, and jaw dropping-performance full of linguistic agility and expert storytelling. Shakespeare on the rocks anyone?
- SoHo Playhouse – 15 Vandam Street, Manhattan, 10013
- Performance – Thursday from 7:00 pm until 10:00 pm
- Price – $39
This ambitious show sweeps audiences along a 10,000-year journey through the history of spirits and cocktails and across the globe! The Imbible treats audiences to a completely original, sometimes musical, and thoroughly enjoyable evening of theater utterly unlike anything they’ve ever experienced. Don’t miss this critically-acclaimed new show!
- The Parkside Lounge – 317 E. Houston Street, Manhattan, 10002
- Entry – Monday & Tuesday from 7:00 pm until 11:00 pm
- Price – $5
Poets and storytellers take the stage at the Parkside Lounge for this very special spoken word open mic night. Founded and produced by journalist Mike Geffner, expect to see Grammy and Golden Globe Award winners, Emmy nominees, American Idol finalists, and more.
- The Graffiti & Street Art Walking Tour – 30 Wyckoff Avenue, 11237
- Tour – Thursday & Sunday from 3:00 pm until 4:30 pm
- Price – $15
As we all know in NYC, not all great works of art hang on museum walls. This street art walking tour includes some of Brooklyn’s most imaginative graffiti and street art. The tour will describe techniques and the varying nuances between the varied and disparate works that have appeared in Brooklyn, the new capital of the worlds street art movement.
- The Regal NYC – 163 Hope Street, Brooklyn, 11211
- Entry – Thursday 9:00 pm until 12:00 am
- Price – $17
Come to the Regal in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, and uncork a unique night of music. Bring a vinyl record and the friendly staff will play it and give you a free cocktail while you listen..pretty sweet! The Regal, with its signature relaxed yet modern twist on the diner-cocktail bar, this is one of Brooklyn’s best kept secrets.
- Fatty Fish Restaurant – 406 E 64th Street, Manhattan, 10065
- Entry – Saturday and Sunday, Brunch + Unlimited Mimosas from 11:00 am until 3:00 pm
- Price – $25
Fatty Fish is a highly rated Michelin recommended Asian-Inspired American restaurant located in Manhattan’s Upper East Side known for its innovative cuisine. If you’re going to head out for only one dinner, make sure it’s here. Whether it’s the high cuisine brunch, or the unlimited mimosas, this is the perfect recipe for good-times.
Featured image post [weheartit]