New Yorkers are lucky enough to have some of the worlds most amazing cultural and artistic institutions on our doorstep, this Saturday the following museums are FREE to visit!
Attention New York City culture vultures. Not only do you live at the crossroads of some of the most important cultural institutions on the planet, this Saturday, many of them will be free. Thanks to Smithsonian magazine’s Museum Day Live, 26 of the city’s most important museums will open their doors for you to explore free of charge.
So how do you go about getting these free tickets? It couldn’t be simpler; All you have to do is head over to smithsonianmag.com and download your ticket.
If you’re looking for our suggestions, We’d head on over to Smithsonian Design Museum for a comprehensive insight into movers and shakers in the world of design in a beautifully curated collection that spans over 1300 years …but that’s just us.
Find ticketing information HERE, and below is a list of the museums in the city. that are participating this year:
- American Folk Art Museum
- Asia Society and Museum
- Bard Graduate Center Gallery
- Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum
- Dyckman Farmhouse Museum
- Fraunces Tavern Museum
- Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum
- Mount Vernon Hotel Museum & Garden
- Museum of American Finance
- Museum of Arts and Design
- Museum of Chinese in America
- Museum of the City of New York
- New York City Fire Museum
- Society of Illustrators
- The Cathedral of St. John the Divine
- The Jewish Museum
- The Morgan Library & Museum
- The Museum at FIT
- The Rubin Museum of Art
- Ukrainian Museum
- Queens Historical Society
- Bartow-Pell Mansion Museum
- Van Cortlandt House Museum
- Historic Richmond Town
- Staten Island Museum at Snug Harbor
- The Noble Maritime Collection
Featured image source [Flickr | Eden, Janine and Jim]