Halloween is barely over, and people are already freaking out about Christmas. There is no rest. Here are 25 reasons why the holiday season in NYC has just gotten too ridiculous:
1. There are only two times of year—Christmas, and Not Christmas.
2. Not Christmas time is getting shorter while Christmas time is getting longer.
3. That Christmas red ornament-looking sculpture by the WTC is there all year round.
4. Christmas has eaten almost every other major holiday.
5. First it ate Thanksgiving.
6. Let’s be real. The Thanksgiving Day parade is not a Thanksgiving parade. It’s a Christmas parade.
7. And in some stores, Black Friday now starts on Thanksgiving Day.
8. Seriously, people were eating turkey while camping on the sidewalks outside of Best Buy last year.
9. Christmas is starting to eat Halloween.
10. Honestly, you saw at least one Christmas-related costume last night, right?
11. People were planning their tacky sweater parties last night at their Halloween parties.
12. Everyone is currently in a tizzy about doing their Christmas shopping “before Thanksgiving.”
13. And the stores are lapping it up.
14. There is Christmas music playing in Macy’s right now.
15. K-Mart was running Christmas ads in September.
16. There’s no way to win. The earlier you do your Christmas shopping to avoid the madness, the earlier you make the madness start.
17. And of course, tourists love to come to NYC for the Holiday season.
18. Times Square and Rockefeller Center are basically mosh pits.
19. THERE ARE SO MANY SANTAS.
20. By December you’re already sick of Christmas.
21. “Jingle Bells” makes your ears bleed.
22. Anything peppermint or gingerbread flavored makes you want to gag.
23 If you see one more Instagram of cheesey Christmas lights, you’ll throw your phone out your 6th floor window.
24. Seriously even the zoo has Christmas lights. Like why?
25. And don’t even get us started on the Empire State Building.
Cover photo credit: Chris Tse/Flickr