Yeah, so I guess we have a habit of repeating ourselves, but if you’re going to fit in here, you’d better d*mn well know what our go-to small-talk is all about! Tourists, panhandlers, the weather… here are the things that we talk about the most…
1. How much they hate Times Square.
2. How unbelievably annoying tourists are.
3. How they’re using Tinder just for fun/ironically.
4. How hot it is.
5. How cold it is.
6. How rainy it is.
7. How much you’d love a dog… but it wouldn’t be fair :_(
8. How expensive it is.
10. “I remember when the Subway used to cost… “
11. Who has the worst landlord.
13. Correct you for calling 39th Street Murray Hill.
14. How all they had to eat today was a bagel.
15. “That yoga studio used to be a *fill in the gap*.”
16. The coffee/bagel place just down the road that does the best bagel ever. Like, really, really amazing bagels.
17. How they have a really busy day tomorrow.
18. And therefore really shouldn’t be having shots.
19. In fact, they only came out for one drink.
20. How tired they are.
21. The fact that literally no one ever in our generation will own a house.
22. How great it is to get out of NYC for a break.
23. But also how seriously great it is to be back.