When you’ve lived in NYC your whole adult life, you might forget that the rest of the world probably waits for the white walk signal and gets cranky without their $5 cup of coffee… maybe it’s time you took a break? Clearly, you need a wake-up call. Here are 18 signs that youneed a little break from the hustle and bustle of New York City:
1. You’re finding it hard to relax without the sound of car horns and police sirens.
2. You suffer a mild nervous breakdown when someone suggests eating pizza from a chain restaurant.
3. Surviving on more than 50 dollars a week makes you feel like the bourgeoisie.
4. You make the argument that $1 cup of watery coffee is “authentic” NYC.
5. You have playlists specifically for when you’re overly stressed/pissed off…
6. You’ve vowed never to eat a Reuben/bagel/pizza from anywhere outside the city.
7. No matter how solid your plans are, you’re always preparing for disaster.
8. The food cart guy knows your name and your order.
9. The red blinking cross-walk signal is basically just decoration.
10. You’re incapable of navigating any place that doesn’t have a grid.
11. You starting to find the hipster look kind of attractive.
12. Your “Resting Bitch Face” has is basically just a “Permanent Bitch Face”.
13. To you, rats and pigeons are “wildlife.”
14. You have a “favorite” street musician.
15. You have a pretty effective procedure to fix your toilet yourself so you don’t have to call a plumber.
16. The smell of rotting garbage doesn’t phase you anymore.
17. You maybe possibly forgot how to drive.
18. You’re so unphased by weird people that you can no longer objectively judge your own weirdness.
Featured image source [YouTube]