Spring has finally descended on New York City, even if the weather doesn’t want to admit it. Finally we’re getting to the point where the city comes into bloom, not just the flowers in our parks, restaurants spill into the streets, your favorite food trucks start popping up all over and gloves and scarves start shrinking away in favor of cooler clothing. Yes there’s is no doubt that spring is a magical season in the city, here’s why:
1. NYC sets aside the Netflix-and-chill and head outside into the sunlight.
2. People actually smile at each-other on the street.
3. You develop a severe margarita “habit” …Cinco de Mayo start’s in March right?
4. Cherry Blossoms make a welcome return to the city.
5. $5 for a scoop of ice cream doesn’t seem like such a rip-off anymore.
6. Between 100 Gates Project, our murals, public art and the influx of extra tourists, the city’s streets become gigantic art gallery.
7. All the Park benches are full of office workers eating lunch.
8. Picnicking becomes a city pastime.
9. You’re drinking on a rooftop again!
10. Baseball season, swiiiing batter!!!
11. The view from your office window goes from depressing to “I-wanna-be-outside-so-bad-right-now”.
12. New Yorkers go from wearing heavy coats, scarf and cloves to spring-wear over night.
13. You get to start your morning with an iced coffee without the barista looking at you like you’re crazy.
14. You start walking everywhere doesn’t seem like a chore anymore.
15. The sun is still out when you’re eating your dinner.
Featured image source [Ed Yourdon | flickr]