Gay marriage is now legal in all 50 states, and just in time for the New York City Gay Pride Parade! This is the perfect opportunity to celebrate, and we are so excited to get our Pride on! Just in case you’re on the fence about going, here are some reasons:
1. Pride is for everyone
It’s not exclusive to LGBTQ (although those letters are expanding) individuals. Straight allies are welcome to come celebrate.
2. The NYC parade is historic
It commemorates the anniversary of the Stonewall Riots in Greenwich Village in 1969, which began the gay rights movement.
3. You get to dress up
No outfit is too outrageous for this venue. Get your glam on and be fabulous.
4. You’ll learn about many different political issues
Maybe pick up a newspaper to get the full story.
5. You can catch the cast of your favorite TV show
Orange Is The New Black is killing it.
6. You’ll have a new Facebook prof pic
So many likes.
7. You’ll have a great story to tell at the next bar night/party/family reunion
“Guys, you’ll never believe who I saw at Pride…”
8. You can piss off conservative Christian homophobes
There is nothing more satisfying.
9. You can find out which LGBTQ-friendly stores you should shop in
Spend your money to support love.
10. Everyone is having fun!