This Sunday, August 23rd is Go Topless Day. It’s an event which is meant to start a conversation about gender inequality. Here are 10 reasons why this is basically the best idea anyone has ever thought of:
1. It questions why men are allowed to be bare-chested in public, and women aren’t
2. And why it’s necessary for us to censor these photos in order to post this article on Facebook
3. You can join the fight against breast policing, along with famous women like Miley Cyrus, Chelsea Handler, and Cara Delevingne.
4. And you can finally even out your tan
5. Being topless is legal in NYC
6. But in other places, women get arrested for it
7. And even in NYC where it’s legal, some women are still demonized for it
8. Tons of cities across the world are participating in Go Topless Day
9. There will be a parade, speeches, and performances to get the message across
10. And of course, there will be tons and tons of smiles
So what do you say? Will you go topless on Sunday?
Cover photo courtesy of: Pacific Coast News