In a city as diverse ours, it’s easy to fall into the trap of concentrating on how different we are, but in truth, we’re all a lot more similar than you might think. That is doubly true for the Christmas season. As the city changes with the season, our collective mindset changes with it. Here are 18 thoughts that cross all of our minds as Christmas approaches:
1. I am not going anywhere near Times Square for the foreseeable future.
2. Ugh, the subway is going to be filled with noisy, drunk Christmas parties soon.
3. Should I go to the Winter Village at Bryant Park this year?
4. Definitely not on a Saturday or Sunday though….
5. Now is the time to try all those food-fads that I couldn’t justify before.
6. Come on, everyone knows ‘fattening up for winter’ is a thing.
7. Oooh look, I should look for gifts in that Christmas market…
8. …this was a bid idea!
9. I’m the type of cold that only rum-spiked hot apple cider, spiced whiskey, or eggnog can warm up.
10. Shit I need to buy Christmas presents!
11. Once you’ve seen one Rockefeller Christmas tree, you’ve seen them all.
12. NYC sure is lovely this time of year…
13. …Apart from the inflated Christmas prices and hoards more tourists.
14. Maybe I’ll find someone to kiss under the mistletoe!
15. Hahahahahahhaa *cries*