On Labor Day we recognize the contributions of American workers in all industries. It is meant to give workers a well-earned day to relax… or party, if that’s your thing… or shop, if you’re a bargain hunter… or get some exercise… Actually, the choice is a little overwhelming here in the city, but don’t worry, secret NYC is here to bring you the 6 best activities for this Labor Day weekend.
- SideBAR – 118 East 15th Street, 10003
- MONDAY – Open Bar from 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm
- Price: $25
Come to SideBAR for 3 hours of unlimited Bud Light drafts and cocktails from 6-9pm. Located in the heart of Union Square, SideBAR is a full service sports lounge. Featuring luxurious wooden accents, 21 High Definition TV’s and projectors, and a menu featuring upscale takes on sports bar classics, SideBAR is the perfect place to have a cold brew.
- Up & Down – 244 W 14th St, 10011
- SUNDAY – Entry from 11:00 pm to 4:00 am
- Price: $15
Best thing to do on Labor day weekend is to stay as far away from work as you can. Luckily for you, 4K events is taking over Up&Down for the biggest Labor Day weekend party. Music will be provided by Lohrasp Kansara, Yoshi, and DJ Steel. So come celebrate all the work you’ve done this year, you’ll only have to work on your dance moves!
- Cadet- Williamsburg – 46 North 6th Street, Brooklyn, 11249
- FRIDAY TO MONDAY – Entry from 11:00 am until 8:00 pm
- Price: Free
If parties and open bars aren’t your thing, Cadet is having a massive labor day sale! Get runway ready with discounts of up to 90%! Collections for sale include the capsule women’s collection design for Anna Wintour, runway shoes, inspiration samples, men’s and women’s runway samples, and overstock of men’s and women’s collections.
- Pier 16, South Street Seaport – 89 South St, Manhattan, 10038
- FRIDAY – Labor Day Weekend Kick-Off Boat Party at 9:15 pm
- Price: $25
Kick off your Labor Day weekend with a party on a one-of-a-kind luxury yacht as it cruises around NYC. This is the perfect way to start your weekend, drink specials, DJs and Luxury as you float past NYC’s most legendary landmarks.
- Hudson River Sightseeing at Pier 78 – 455 12th avenue, Pier 78, 10018
- FRIDAY TO MONDAY – 9:00 am until 7:00 pm
- Price $12
We realize that not everyone wants to celebrate Labor Day Weekend by drinking and partying. Some prefer something a little more relaxing. Why not hire a bike, enjoy the weather, and explore the Hudson River Greenway? It’s a beautiful and safe bike path that runs along the Hudson River.
- Arlene’s Grocery – 95 Stanton Street, 10002
- MONDAY – 10:00 pm to 2:00 am
- Price: Free
Arlene’s is the legendary, longest-running, weekly live R&R karaoke show in the world! With an extensive Song Menu filled with goodies from Queen, Blondie, Guns ‘N Roses, Black Sabbath, and a live world-class band to back you up during your night of fame. Let’s rock Labor Day!